The world is full of wonderful words to learn so let's get started! Learn 100 words the Smithsonian way! Curious kids and their curious grown-ups will love to explore these pages full of Smithsonian treasures. This amazing book contains 100 words to spark curious young minds - all inspired by the collections found within the walls of the Smithsonian. Start with inventions and transportation, move through the arts, and all the way to nature and food. At the end of the book, play an alphabet matching game. Go back to find an object for each letter from A to Z!
EXPLORE: Explore history, science the arts and more
LEARN: Learn fun facts and new vocabulary words
DISCOVER: Discover fascinating Smithsonian artifacts
SHINE: Curiosity helps kids Shine!
Smithsonian Kids books feature engaging educational content for little learners that reflect the integrity of the Smithsonian. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book goes to support the Smithsonian's educational mission.
- Learn 100 first words the Smithsonian way! Explore, Learn, Discover and Shine!
- 10 different categories to explore. Learn 10 different words on each category page with a matching photograph to help learn and match
- Categories offer opportunities for questions and conversation and talking builds vocabulary and social skills
- Wonder Facts through-out this book are just right for little experts who want to know more! Did you know Alaskan natives wore grass socks? Or before toothpaste was developed people use to brush their teeth with dry "tooth powder"? Come discover more today!
- Vivid real-life photographs and sturdy, thick pages
- Perfect for Ages 3 - 7